
Happy Earth Day everyone! Thanks to my mom for taking me to listen to Steven Lewis speak tonight in my home town of Stratford Ontario at the earth day event.
This is my second time going to listen to Steven Lewis speak and if you ever get the chance it is well worth your time. He is a very passionate speaker and is very motivating. The first time I heard him speak he was talking about his experiences working as the UN special envoy for HIV/AIDS in Africa. Tonight he was speaking about climate change and the environment.
You can check out his website here: The Steven Lewis Foundation
His foundation is dedicated to easing the pain of HIV/AIDS in AfricaThis is my second time going to listen to Steven Lewis speak and if you ever get the chance it is well worth your time. He is a very passionate speaker and is very motivating. The first time I heard him speak he was talking about his experiences working as the UN special envoy for HIV/AIDS in Africa. Tonight he was speaking about climate change and the environment.
You can check out his website here: The Steven Lewis Foundation





6 comments:
Thanks for sharing this. I didn't realize that Steven Lewis also does public speaking about environmental issues. Nice to have another advocate for this important issue!
PS My hometown is Ayr...not to far away from the lovely town of Stratford.
I saw Stephen Lewis speak last May, so glad I did. I would love to see him again.
I also didn't know he spoke out about environmental issues as well.
I would really like to see Stephen Lewis speak. The work he has done for Africa is amazing...what is even more amazing is that he has been doing it for a very long time.
Glad you enjoyed it :)
Thanks for the posts! I didn't know he spoke about the environment either until my mom told me about him coming to speak at the Earth day event in Stratford. During his talk he made reference to the teaching he does at McMaster University...It sounded as though the class he teaches is in the environmental studies dept. What a great person, he has really devoted his life to a few important causes!
Hey Cara, I used to drive through Ayr everyday on my way to work!
I would love to hear him speak again. Lucky you!
Post a Comment