Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Homestudy Update!


This is Matty giving the thumbs up as he cleans the night before our social worker came to visit our home a week ago (hehe). I think when we make our memory book for our little one I will put this picture in with a note that says "see how much daddy loved you before he even knew you". Anyone who knows Matthew knows that it must be something important if he is going to jump up and grab a vacuum (someday when our child grows up he or she will see the humour in this).
So our social worker has told us that we don't need to make anymore appointments with her for now and that she is going to work on writing up our homestudy this week. We are still waiting on those darn fingerprints to come back from Japan and when Matthew called this week they told him it would probably be one to two weeks. I am a little stressed about that but hopefully all will go well.
I'm not sure if I clarified this before but for anyone who is curious we have requested a boy or girl up to one year old at the time of placement.
Keep your fingers crossed for us!

3 comments:

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Good luck on your last meeting!! Hopefully everything gets done and that paperwork can be off to your agency!

Rhonda

Janice said...

We had to wait for police checks from New Zealand...When they finally arrived I was in shock and very pleased. I feared it was going to be a huge hassle but it wasn't. I hope you get your info. out of Japan soon.

Alicia said...

Congrats on finishing your homestudy!! What a big step!!!