Friday, June 6, 2008

Transracial Parenting Initiative‏

Someone passed this along to me this week and I thought you might be interested. There is a lady doing a survey about transracial parenting with the hopes of developing a training session. If you are already an adoptive parent or are a prospective adoptive parent you may want to take a few minutes to fill out her survey. See below for details.

Dear Friends,

My name is Susan Crawford and I am a researcher at the Halton Multicultural Council. With funding provided by the Ontario Trillium Foundation, I am creating the Transracial Parenting Initiative. This project aims to create and pilot a Canadian based education and training program for families adopting and fostering children from a race or culture different from their own – also known as parenting transracially/transculturally.

I am requesting the assistance of foster and adoptive parents and prospective parents, who are caring for children transracially, to complete a survey that will help inform the curriculum development for this project. The survey will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. Feel free to provide as much detail as you'd like. If there is more than one parent/prospective parent in the home, please feel free to complete individual surveys. Your experiences, expertise and recommendations will be a tremendous help in program development. If you know of anyone who may be interested in filling out the survey, please feel free to send it to them.

I would like to thank you in advance for your contribution to new and exciting research, your assistance is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or experience difficulty with the link, please feel free to contact me directly.


***Please follow the link below that will take you directly to the online survey.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=TCBnhDkX8DQrFMyGsUOePw_3d_3d

.

No comments: