Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Snapping out of it (-:


Thanks to everyone who sent a note to help me get out of this slump I've been in and start riding upwards (for now anyways) on this adoption roller coaster. It is comforting to hear from everyone else that these are very normal feelings and part of the adoption process.


Another thing that helped pick my spirits up was finding out that the African Children's choir is coming to town on July 6th. Matthew and I went to see them last year and were so amazed by how talented they were. Our neighbour across the street from us go to the church where they are performing and told us that he thought they were still looking for host families. Matty and I looked into this and it looks like we may get to be a host family for a few of the kids while they are in town, I am so excited!


4 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh that is awesome! How fun! We went to see the Choir when they were here, and my daughter still talks about it! She begged for the cd and she listens (and dances) to it all the time!

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

The choir came to our town last year too and was great. They are not coming this year and I soo wish that they were as I really wanted to bring the girls to see them...

On another note, a little late for your last post but wanted to say that the adoption roller coaster is definetly not an easy one and there is nothing anyone can say that helps.. I remember honestly thinking it would NEVER happen.. that we would never be matched and then we were.... and then that we would never travel and bring them home and then we did and I know many must have told you already but it is SOOOO worth every minute of the wait once you have these little ones in your life.....

Vent anytime, we are all here for you to help you through the rough days...

Hugs to you
Lisa

Janice said...

Enjoy the children's choir. Just wanted to let you know that my two envelopes arrived in the mail today. Thanks so much.

Ranavan said...

Oh we just saw them about a month ago and they were fantastic!!

Enjoy!

Rana