
I need to snap out of it again.... This past week my thoughts have been consumed with how far away we are from getting to be parents and I am feeling down. I knew when we started this process that it would be long and slow moving, I have been trying to tell myself to enjoy my time and when it is supposed to happen it will, but I can't help but feel a bit down sometimes.
I felt like this a few weeks back, then I somehow managed to snap myself out of it, and this past week I have been back to feeling crappy again. Things just seem to move so slowly that you feel like you are not really getting anywhere.
Anyways I know I am being silly...I should be enjoying life and all that is around me.
Here is a picture from my garden. I hope everyone had a nice weekend!
.




11 comments:
I can so relate to the ups and downs. I hope you do "snap out of it" again soon.
Your garden is beautiful!
k
I know...it is the most frustrating when our waiting is in the hands of someone else...
I am so glad I have been able to connect with others at the same stage as us - makes us feel not so alone.
Laura
((HUGS)) Hope you are feeling better Shannon :) Their will be plenty of downs throughout this journey, but the bright side is there are even more ups! And once your journey is complete you will feel so much joy you will forget all about those yucky days.
Hope things move along for you soon!
Hey Shannon:
It is normal to feel down during this process..it is certainly a roller coaster ride isn't it? Just keep thinking about how worth while it will be in end!!!!
You will look back at this time and think "it wasn't so bad" at least that is what I keep telling myself.
I seem to go thru cycles - like I will be really good for a week or so and then I get really down. I am constantly reminding myself to live in the moment. However, I do dream of the day we get to meet our new baby and I think that is perfectly natural!!!
big hugs to you,
Rana
Oh I remember those days/weeks of feeling down. I'm pretty sure I was 90% down, 10% up during our wait. But then it happened...and it's wonderful. It seems like FOREVER away...but then all of a sudden your little one will be with you and you won't remember life without them. I promise!
I am sorry you are having a hard time. I have no useful advice, just sending good thoughts your way.
Shannon,
Just like Rana said I find that I go through phases. I'll be okay for awhile and then all of a sudden one day I just feel sad and depressed and frustrated and then eventually that passes too.
Hang in there and don't ever forget that we are here for you whenever you need us!
Hugs,
Ricki
TmPhank you everyone for your kind words! You are really such a great support network, and coming home and reading the nice notes you left really has helped to lift my spirits today.
Thanks!!
Shannon
It's the adoption wait ebb and flow - maybe it's sort of like labor contractions?
I hope this week is finding you riding on the upper part of the cycle.
Sorry to hear you were feeling blue. You know you can lean on your fellow bloggers when needed.
The reward at the end of this wait will be so incredible.
Hi Shannon,
Marion and I continue to I be soooooooo proud of you and Matthew and look forward to visiting with you when you back from Ottawa.
In the interim,it is so important to focus on those special moments, experiences and people each and every day that over time will make this "never ending" wait, a treasure of memories that will be so rich in detail.
Spring is such a beatiful time of year with rebirth all around you.......how appropriate given the path you and Matthew are following. So let's look a little harder through the mist of uncertainty and apprecitae all those beautiful things, people and events happening daily.
"Don't worry; Be Happy".
Lots of love,
Sam and Marion (Granpa and Gramma Warren)
Post a Comment