- 8 - 8 - 8 - 8 - 8 -
So here is a little update on where we are at. This is week number eight waiting to hear back from the ministry in Ontario and I am starting to bite my nails a lot. Matthew is telling me to relax but I can't seem to help but count the days. I think the reason is I didn't expect this phase of things to take quite this long. Imagine adoption (our agency) is now telling us the ministry is backed up and it may take 11-12 weeks to get ministry approval. The sooner this step is done the sooner our dossier heads to Ethiopia and the happier I will be. But I guess it will happen when it happens and there is no point in me getting all worked up over it. I just wish they could make the adoption process the same length as a pregnancy - 9 months. We started all of this in Feb. of 2008 and so if we had gotten pregnant then we would already be 4-5 months along. We have a long way to go yet, whoever said adoption isn't for the faint of heart was right.
.
Anyways, we are on holidays next week and will be going to Montreal (to visit my uncle), Quebec City and stopping in Ottawa on the way back to visit friends. We will be back July 6th and the African Kid's Choir is that night so I will post some pics of that when we get back.
.
Hope everyone has a nice week!!
.




6 comments:
Oh don't even get me started on the whole ministry approval thing!!! Just keep busy and hopefully it will happen very soon for you. And about adoption not being for the faint of heart . . . oh so very, very true! Hang in there. :)
k
If they could AT LEAST standardize the timing of the steps up to the time your dossier lands in E. But no, it's all a big mystery and mostly a big ole pain in the butt at the same time.
Happy holiday - Quebec is beautiful.
You are so close, hang in there! Laura
I had hoped that the Ministry approval would come faster too! Is was about 10 weeks for us. After our approval we changes our age request so it had to go back to the Ministry and I was really worried then...But it wasn't too long to make the change. Once you get approval, your file doesn not take long at all to arrive in Ethiopia. You have that to look forward to.
What are your plans for Ottawa? Where are you staying? It would be cool to meet you guys.
That Ethiopia book on my blog was published in 2005.
Oh my wouldn't it be nice if adoption was the same length as pregnancy! We would be due in a month and a half then....
I too have started biting my nails during this process..cure nothing really but a nice manicure now and then sure does help make a girl feel a wee bit better.
Have a great holiday!!
Have a great holiday!!!
Post a Comment