Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tagged X 3

I have been tagged for the first time by Julie, Ricki, and Rhonda and have to try to come up with 10 random things about myself to share with you.

Here are the rules: Choose 5 people to tag and a reason you chose each person (can be totally nonsensical). Leave them each a comment directing them to your blog so they know they are it You can't tag the person who tagged you. As a courtesy to the person who tagged you, please let them know when you have posted so they can have the sheer delight and extra work load of reading your answers.

My life if pretty boring so don’t expect too much people! Since I’m new to this blogging community maybe I will tell you a little more about my husband and myself.

1) We have been married for 1.5 yrs (known each other for 8.5) but went on a late honeymoon this last summer to Europe for 3.5 weeks. We travelled to Italy, Switzerland, France and England using the train and staying in hostels. My husband would do great on “the amazing” race as he is a very resourceful traveller, unlike me.
2) I work as a physiotherapist and my husband works as an Elementary school teacher.
3) I have a track record of putting small bumps on my car (somehow posts in parking lots get in my way – OK, maybe I can’t blame it on the posts)
4) We love to learn more about different cultures and try different kinds of food.
5) We really enjoy going out and listening to live music. There is a place in London called “the London music club” that features up and coming musicians. We went to see Jill and Matthew Barber last Friday with our moms and they were awesome!
6) I was 19 years old when I tried eating a chicken wing for the first time. I wasn’t as adventurous with food then.
7) I am totally addicted to sweets (anyone who knows me knows the extent of this problem). A few days ago my husband got up in the morning and said “I’m going to do some banking”, all I heard was “I’m going to do some baking”. I had visions of him making me cookies for breakfast, but then I realised that I misunderstood him (what a let down). Don’t worry, I wont feed my kids cookies for breakfast.
8) I bite my nails when I’m nervous, and when I’m not nervous, and just about anytime (like right now). What a bad habit!
9) I know way more kid’s songs than I should at this point in my life (my husband helps to teach music at the school and practices at home). My favourite is the “little rabbit foo foo” song.
10) I am really excited to be a part of this bogging community. I found reading the blogs really helpful when we were considering adoption.

I am tagging Hazel, Nicky, Alicia, Jaclyn, Sheri because I love reading your blogs and it will give me one more post to read!!
Jill and Matthew Barber

4 comments:

Julie M. said...

nice to get to know you a little better Shannon :)

sandi said...

See these games are useful, I enjoyed reading more about you guys! I have to say I laughed about the sweets thing... I am horrible too. Tonight Robel, Xander and I were making cookies, and they each got to have one. Robel asked me, Mom can we have one for breakfast tomorrow? I laughed, and said no... I love kids...
Anyway, I then went on to eat 5 melt in your mouth double chocolate cookies... and didn't even feel bad about it... AHHHh, yummy. Is there anything better than fresh out of the oven cookies?? IS THERE?

Ok, I think the sugar is kicking in...
Oh, can I add your blog to mine as a link??

Sandi

Tanya said...

Ricki tagged me as well, so I came over to say HI! I love to find other Canadian bloggers!

Is it ok if I link my blog to yours?

Tanya

hazel said...

Thanks for tagging me, even if June beat you to it this time.

I enjoyed reading your list - it's great to get to know our fellow bloggers better.