
Now I must explain the picture with the make shift cape and weapon (rolling pin). I am convinced that my husband Matthew must have been the kind of kid when he was little that would pull the wings off of flies, because he is forever being a pest with out little kitty. I did get confirmation at one point from his family that he once as a child put ketchup all over his cat Blitz’s fur, and often pulled on his tail. Although he has not done anything of that sort to our little Tilly he does occasionally chase her around the house or dress her up (I’ll never forget the time he had her dressed as Raoul from the Phantom of the Opera and played out a mini skit with her). The picture of Tilly dressed up as a thug, with a rolling pin, was taken near Christmas by my husband with the intention of trying to intimidate a co-worker into telling him who his secret Santa was.
Yesterday I was feeling very frustrated with some people who were giving me the run around on some paper work/lab tests I need for this adoption. I love nothing more than talking to one person who tells you they can’t help you, go speak to this other person, who then sends you back to the first person. All I have to say is that if anyone wants to give us a hard time, it is Miss. Tilly and her rolling pin you will have to answer to (hehe). Ok, maybe the social worker doing our homestudy wouldn’t be impressed with me using these bullying techniques, I guess I will just have to bite my tongue and push forward like the rest of us.
And, yes I know when we bring our little one home I will effectively have two children (our son/daughter and my husband).




3 comments:
Hi there! Just wanted to say NO PROBLEM to using our blog as a link on yours.
I'm excited that you are starting this wonderful journey! It's hard at times and incredibly painful to sit and wait...but I can honestly tell you that it is SO WORTH IT!
So you live in London...we are in Cambridge and used Imagine as well. Are you a part of any Canadian Yahoo groups for Ethiopia Adoption? If not let me know and I can send you a link...they are really helpful! Also if you already are a part of them...I appologize they just have so many members it's hard to keep track of everyone!
OK so your husband sounds hillarious! That picture is too cute :)
And oh joy....I am remembering the whole paper trail part....fun stuff! Just keep pushing through & you'll be there no time :)
I love this post... and like the others have said, the road is sometimes bumpy but it is worth every minute of the wait and every frustration !
Your lives will be changed forever (in the best of ways !)
Lisa
Post a Comment