
We decided to start this Blog to allow our family, friends and others who might be interested to follow along in our adoption journey. Matthew and I have been married for one and a half years now and have known each other for eight and a half (wow, time flies).
About one year ago we started to talk about starting a family. As long as I can remember it has always been in my heart to adopt one day. I’m not sure where this feeling originally came from, and for a long time I kept it to myself, but over the years it grew. Before Matthew and I got married I expressed to him how important these feeling were to me and he agreed that when the time came to start building a family we would consider it more. Over the last year Matthew and I have been exploring the idea of trying to start our family biologically or through adoption. We have read and researched a lot, spent a lot of nights talking it over and in the end we decided that with so many children needing families in this world we want to open our lives and our hearts up to one. We may decide to try to have a biological child someday but for now we are extremely excited to start the adoption process.
When we started to research a little more we came across a lot of information on Ethiopia. We have since been captivated by the culture and history of this beautiful country. When we think about how fulfilled our lives have been from our own experiences growing up with loving families it breaks our hearts to think of the many children who have been orphaned. We look forward to learning more about the culture, food, language and can’t wait to share the rest of our lives with our son or daughter.
So this Blog will be a diary of sorts. It will also allow our friends and family an opportunity to learn about adoption and Ethiopian culture with us.
We look forward to sharing our journey with you!
Shannon and Matthew
About one year ago we started to talk about starting a family. As long as I can remember it has always been in my heart to adopt one day. I’m not sure where this feeling originally came from, and for a long time I kept it to myself, but over the years it grew. Before Matthew and I got married I expressed to him how important these feeling were to me and he agreed that when the time came to start building a family we would consider it more. Over the last year Matthew and I have been exploring the idea of trying to start our family biologically or through adoption. We have read and researched a lot, spent a lot of nights talking it over and in the end we decided that with so many children needing families in this world we want to open our lives and our hearts up to one. We may decide to try to have a biological child someday but for now we are extremely excited to start the adoption process.
When we started to research a little more we came across a lot of information on Ethiopia. We have since been captivated by the culture and history of this beautiful country. When we think about how fulfilled our lives have been from our own experiences growing up with loving families it breaks our hearts to think of the many children who have been orphaned. We look forward to learning more about the culture, food, language and can’t wait to share the rest of our lives with our son or daughter.
So this Blog will be a diary of sorts. It will also allow our friends and family an opportunity to learn about adoption and Ethiopian culture with us.
We look forward to sharing our journey with you!
Shannon and Matthew




12 comments:
Hi!
Of course it's ok and I will add yours to mine also!!
Good luck on your homestudy! Happy to be following your adoption story!
Isabelle
Good luck on your homestudy and welcome to the adoption journey. It is quite a rollercoaster but well worth it in the end! I look forward to following your story!
Yes the link is ok. But thank you for asking.
Thank you also for the nice comments on my letter .. When you write from your heart you never know what you will come up with!
I grew up in London so I'm an Ontario girl at heart. Good luck with your homestudy and if you have any question ask away!
Hi there, and thanks for linking to me. I will link to you too.
Would love to be linked by you and I will add your link to our page. Good luck with the homestudy. Feel free to email us anytime with any questions (address is on our blog).
Adam
Hi Shannon;
welcome aboard the Ethiopian Adoption train! It's a wild ride (not for the faint) of heart - but a beautiful journey and an amazing destination.
Cheers
Nicky
Hi Matthew & Shannon,
we are very happy to be part of your journey. We must admit that for a second, we were a bit surprised as we were expecting you to tell us you were pregnant. But listening to you talk about everything and thinking of you as a couple, we are not surprised at all. We cannot think of anyone who would be more suited for adopting a child from Ethiopia. Your interests, your values and your love will be such a blessing to this child. We know that you will provide this child with all that he/she deserves from a life in Canada and all the while maintaining and exposing him/her to his heritage and culture. We are here for you and only hope that we can be a good aunt, uncle and cousin to your little treasor.
All our love
Jann, Ryan & Gabrielle
Hi Shannon and Matthew:
I was so happy to hear your news! What a blessing you both will be for your precious new son or daughter. I hope your wait isn't too long and that your little sweetheart will be in your arms soon. I am so excited for you.
All the best for the little one's grandparents too!!
My love, Judy
Hey guys!! I was so thrilled to hear your news. I wish you all the best with your journey. I can't wait for updates and to see you guys very soon! The countdown is ON!
I was so excited to see your e-mail saying you decided to start the adoption process :) I am looking forward to following your journey!
Hi there !
Of course I don't mind that you have added our blogs on yours... and I am also VERY much looking forward to following your adoption journey !
Lisa
Hi!
Thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm happy to have our link on your blog!
I look forward to following your journey! Excited for you!
Sandi
Post a Comment