I LOVE these videos! When we have kids both Matthew and I believe it is really important that we model how to treat all people with the respect they deserve. It drives us nuts when we hear people crack jokes about minority groups - be that racial, ethnic, sexual etc..(where do some people get off thinking they have the right to judge others they usually know nothing, or very little, about?). Being a quiet person I often feel like I want to say something, but I am not sure what to say without creating a big scene. I know it will be easier to find the strength to speak up when there are a little set of ears listening in.
Anyways, check out these videos if you haven't already seen them - they ROCK!!




3 comments:
I know these are great aren't they!
That IS really good!
And it makes you think.
I absolutely have said that before, not meaning any disrespect - but not thinking about it. But not anymore, as of this minute. Good call.
On a different note, I also wanted to say hi and let you know that our blog has moved so that you can update/ add your link. Our Rowan Family blog is now located at http://rowanfamilytree.com
See ya there!
Nicky (& Jrock)
These are great. I teach junior high and hear that expression so often, no matter how much I warn the kids and consequence them for saying it. I showed the kids these clips in Language Arts today, and then had them write a paragraph about why it is not politically correct to talk this way. After reviewing, the odd one needed to try again to explain, but most of them got it. Thanks for sharing these.
Post a Comment