Keeping busy helps with the waiting. This past Friday night we went to a fund raising gala our agency put on in Waterloo Ontario. They are raising money for a faith village project in Ethiopia and you can visit http://www.nopoverty.ca/ for more details. It was a great night and a great cause! Below is a picture of two ladies who performed a traditional Ethiopian dance. I had to take a picture of us all dressed up as well because it doesn't happen often.
We also got to hang out with a few other couples over the course of Friday at the gala and Sat. who are also adopting from Ethiopia. We feel really fortunate to have met so many great people through this adoption process. I never would have expected meeting people who have such similar interests, sense of humour etc. I remember reading an article that talked about all the great things that are added to your life when you adopt (outside of the obvious one which is becoming a parent) and it is so true!.
Then Sat. night we went out for dinner with Matthew's brothers and some friends at El Ranchito in London. This is our "restaurant club" or R club 9 (because there are 9 of us) where we try different restaurants and foods. We have tried to make it as geeky as possible and have silly club rules and names and a club cheer (which was translated into Spanish for this meeting). Rule 1 - is that you can't talk about R club, so I guess that is all I can say. haha 

And today Matty is finishing off the weekend roasting some Ethiopian green coffee beans in his new roaster, and I am being lazy and avoiding the things I should be doing by typing up this post (-: Hope everyone had a nice weekend!






9 comments:
Hey Shannon: It was great seeing you both on Friday and Saturday!
Cara
PS The coffee roaster looks neat. Is it easy to use/clean?
You are not going crazy, trust me...unless I am going crazy too :), which is also a possibility. Laura
Oh - so that's what you looked like on Friday night! I thought I may have seen your husband but I wasn't completely positive and I couldn't remember his name - so I didn't approach him for fear of making a fool out of myself. Too bad we missed you.
Looks like a pretty cool coffee bean roaster - have you tried the coffee yet?
k
It is amazing how many awesome friends you meet on the adoption journey. And roasting coffee beans, wowsers!!! I hope it's tasty :)
Rhonda
Hey everyone!
Cara - it was great getting to see you both as well! I really enjoyed the parenting class at IA on Sat as well - my teddy bear is still wearing his diaper. hehe
Laura- haha, you made me laugh. Glad to hear I am not the only one going crazy (-:
Karen - that is too bad that we didn't see each other!There were so many people there.
I think using the roaster is a bit of an art form that needs to be perfected. Matthew was happy with the coffee he got out of the batch he roasted on Sat, but he had two bad batches prior. I am not much of a coffee drinker but he is trying to make me into one because he wants someone to tast test.
Rhonda- You are so right! We have met so many great peple!
Sorry Cara I missed your other queston - it is a gene caffe roaster. So far it seams easy to cean, and the trick I think is learning how long to leave different types of beans roasting and at what temp to get the best roast.
I just ground the last of my (direct from) Ethiopian coffee :-(
2 months down = 2 months closer!
Sounds like a lot of fun was had !
Lisa
Post a Comment