
I am finding that reading is really helping me pass the time while we are waiting. This book is a true story about a boy growing up in South Africa with AIDS, and the great things he was able to accomplish in his short lifetime.
.
At one point he was invited to speak at an AIDS conference in Durban, South Africa, and this was part of his speech. I really think the words "we are all the same" are very powerful in the context of his situation (how people with AIDS are treated), and in general. Don't you think that one of the biggest problems in this world is the feeling so many people have that they are somehow fundamentally different from someone else? If we could only see more of ourselves in each other, think of how many fewer conflicts there would be and how much less hatred. It is funny that the young boy in the book had figured out what often takes adults a lifetime to figure out.
We are all the same.
We are not different from one another.
We all belong to one family.
We love and we laugh, we hurt and we cry, we live and we die.
Care for us and accept us. We are all human beings. We are normal. We have hands. We have feet. We can walk, we can talk -- and we have needs like just like everyone else. Don't be afraid of us.
We are all the same.
We are not different from one another.
We all belong to one family.
We love and we laugh, we hurt and we cry, we live and we die.
Care for us and accept us. We are all human beings. We are normal. We have hands. We have feet. We can walk, we can talk -- and we have needs like just like everyone else. Don't be afraid of us.
We are all the same.




4 comments:
I read this book too and loved it! He is such an insipring little boy and needless to say I cried a lot in this book.
Shannon that is a great post!
Do you mind if I use the quote on my blog?
Thanks
Rana
Sure Rana,
glad you liked the quote (-:
Oh that looks good, I should read this book.
Post a Comment