Thanks Rana for sharing this on your blog. I was moved after reading your post and wanted to post about it on my blog as well. You may have heard about Randy and his "last lecture" that was given after he found out he had terminal cancer. Randy passed away a few weeks ago, a young computers professor with children at home. His lecture on how to live life more fully has touched many people.
Watch this clip if you are interested. At the end of his lecture he talks about how he didn't have to seek out his dreams in life, but how they came to him, and can come to you too if you put good Karma out into the world with what you do. It is so amazing to me that someone who knows he is going to die soon is able to make a connection with how fortunate he is and has been. You would think most people in that situation would be feeling sorry for themselves and wondering what they ever did to deserve such a thing.
I work as a physiotherapist and one of my jobs involves some work on a palliative care unit. I find it really hard sometimes working with people who are at the end of their life and trying to make sense of that in my own mind. Thanks Randy for teaching me more about life and death!
There’s something about Spring…
1 month ago




3 comments:
We just read the Last Lecture. A very powerful book and inspiring lesson.
Jenny
Shannon, I am so glad that he touched your heart like he did mine...you are so right...if you put out good energy it definitely comes back to you.
While Randy's time was short...I truly believe he was meant to do great things!
Rana
Thanks for posting the video. This is one of the most inspiring things I've seen in a long while. Kind regards, Cara
PS I am so glad you liked the biscotti!
Post a Comment