Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympic Excitement!


We don't have cable TV but we did figure out how to get one channel with a set of bunny ears so we could watch a little Olympic coverage.

I must say it has been exciting watching Canada pull in a few medals over the last couple days, but what has been just as cool has been realising that we now have another country to cheer for, Ethiopia! Above is a picture of Tirunesh Dibaba who a couple days ago won a Gold medal for Ethiopia in the 10K run (in just over 29 min). It was so exciting watching her run past a bunch of other women in the last few seconds to win.
Yahhh! Go Canada, and ....... Go Ethiopia!!!

2 comments:

The Turgeon Expansion said...

I've been glued to the Olympics also! I've been keeping my eyes open for Ethiopia but I never can find any athletes. How cool is that you got to see a runner from E win gold. Cool!!

Stephanie said...

There is a great article about the Ethiopian cross country team in Running Times Magazine (Sept. 08). There is a big feature on Tirunesh-an excellent read! I am clipping it our for a scrapbook piece-excellent photos.