I am reading a really good book and I came across a quote that stuck with me the other day.
“There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled.
There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled.
You feel it, don’t you?”
-Rumi-
Reading this made me think of my desire to become a parent.
Today was a bit of an emotionally draining day as we have just learned that there will be some changes to court procedures in Ethiopia which will effectively add more red tape to the process and make it even longer. My hope is that these new procedures work to better protect the children, but my worry is that things will move very slowly and children will end up living a greater portion of their early life in an orphanage or transition home.
It’s a funny thing trying to answer the questions family and friends have about “when will you have your little one home?” We try to give our best answer and estimate but I think the most accurate response is that we have no clue. Trying to open up your heart to the idea of becoming a parent with all of the preparation, research, reading and emotional commitment there is involved in that, is a very difficult thing when there is so much uncertainty as well. Ah...deep breath...and so our journey continues.
There’s something about Spring…
1 month ago




6 comments:
That is a perfect quote for how I've been feeling lately.
Today's news is certainly disconcerting - another wrinkle on the very bumpy terrain of adoption. I hope with time & practice the new court process streamlines and the delays in bringing children home are not lengthened too much more.
Oh I totally hear ya girl! Hang in there and hopefully the new court procedure will be running a lot smoother by the time it's your turn. We can only hope eh?
k
very well said. thank you for sharing. and yes I do feel it...
I agree with you about answering the questions from others. I find it so difficult to try and explain the wait to people who don't know anything about international adoption. I understand and appreciate their interest, it's just hard to always have to try to explain why timelines are changing.
Nice quote too.
Janice
Hey Shannon (a day late but Merry Christmas/Melkam Genna)! Hope to see you at the event in Cambridge.
I love that quote Shannon! It explains exactly how I feel as well.
Post a Comment