Tuesday, January 20, 2009

7 Things

I have been tagged by Laura to share 7 things about myself...

1- I am a terrible cook. My mother in law bought me a book once with basic things like how to boil and egg…haha. She must have been worried Matthew would end up famished living with me. Lucky for me he is a great cook….ok, lucky depending on which way you look at it, my pant line is feeling the effects.
2- I don’t take myself too seriously. In the last 5-6 years I have really learned to roll with the punches (I used to be way more uptight) and not expect perfection in myself or others. Man life would be boring if everything was perfect.
3- I can’t spell worth a darn. You may have noticed this already if you follow my blog. I like to blame it on that part of my brain not developing fully - haha. Matthew sometimes reads over a post on my blog and laughs at the mistakes I make without noticing…oh well, good thing I’m not worried about being perfect.
4- I love sweets! I can polish a box of chocolates in a mater of hours.
5- I have wanted to adopt for as long as I can remember. Not sure where the desire came from because there is no other connection to adoption in my family, but for long as I can remember it has been there.
6- I have been having strange dreams lately. First I had a dream that my cat was my baby…I was in the video store in town picking up a movie and I had her with me in a baby sling. Then I had a dream that all of my teeth fell out. Strange!! Any dream interpreters out there? Maybe it is a sign of what is to come…I am destined to be an old cat lady with no teeth.
7- I love learning about other parts of the world, different cultures, foods, customs, music…etc.

Well there you have it…hope I didn’t put you to sleep (-: I am supposed to tag 7 people, but I think most bloggers have already done this post. If you are reading this and you haven’t then you are tagged!

2 comments:

Janice said...

I enjoyed that Shannon. Like you, I have a husband who is a great cook, I'm not so good in the kitchen. I like to bake (because I like to eat what I bake) but I don't enjoy cooking as much.

I've had that teeth dream also. I have no clue what it means.

Cara said...

Hi Shannon - I'm with you on item #4 - chocolate and sweets are the best.
:-)