I almost can't believe I am typing up this post, I still feel like I am in a bit of a dream.
Matthew and I got "the call" Thursday last week just before lunch and we have been matched with the sweetest little boy (just under 3 yrs old).
I was at work just typing up some emails to coworkers before lunch and the pager I carry around with me went off. I looked at it and it was Matthew's number requesting a call back. I called him back to see what he wanted and he was in tears on the other end of the phone. At first I thought he was playing some kind of sick joke on me, but when he wouldn't calm down I started to freak out as well. He told me that we got "the call" and that they were sending all of the details to our email. We both promised not to open the email until we got home so that we could see everything together, and then arranged coverage at work so that we could leave. We raced home and I couldn't stop myself from screaming with excitement all the way, if anyone looked in my car passing by they would have thought I was nuts (which I was).... and then we fell in love with the cutest little boy I have ever seen (I may already be a bit biased - haha).
So there you have it! We felt like it was never going to happen, and then poof in an instant your whole world changes. We met with a social worker on Friday and signed our consent form, so now we just wait for a court date.
Thanks for all of the best wishes people have sent us already. I waited to post about it on the blog until today because we still had some family members to share the news with. (-:
There’s something about Spring…
1 month ago




29 comments:
Congratulations! So exciting to hear about all the referrals but they are extra special when I have met the new parents in person. Enjoy sharing the news and that pic of your little boy.
YIP YIP YIPPEEEEEEE - What an amazing time!!!!! As you already, I am absolutely thrilled for you!
L
WAAAAAAAAAAAH! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Little boys are the the cutest things. I can't wait to follow you guys on your journey to meet him and finally bring him home.
:)
Congratulations on your little boy!!!! So exciting after such a long haul for you guys!!
Are you sharing names?
Congratulations you guys... that was a long time coming but he will be worth every tear you shed. Hope you get a court date very soon!
YAY congrats!!! I hope you don't have to wait as long for court as we are having to (6 months and counting!) Keep us posted with all the NEWS!!!!
Enjoy the referral high, it is the BEST!!
Lynds
Congratulations! Awesome news!
Jenny
YAYYYYYYY Such great news. Congrats, I can't wait to see him.
YAHOOOOOOO.... I was so happy to see it was you guys.
Enjoy every minute of it.
Nat
Congratulations! What wonderful news. A new little boy for your family. I hope you get to meet him very soon...
Heidi
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an exciting time... enjoy it! Can't wait to hear more of your journey!
Finally!! I'm so happy for you. It is a great age too. Congratulations!
YIPEEEEE! That is the best news I've heard in a long time! Congratulations! I am sooooo happy for you!!!!
Wahooooooo!!!!!!
Such great news!!! I am overjoyed for you!
Congratulations!!!!
Claire
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you guys! Congratulations on your little boy! Woohoo! The referral wait is over. I hope everything else moves really quickly for you guys. Enjoy this time as you show off his picture, isn't it the best?!?!
And what is his name????
congrats again!
Yehhhhh. I am so happy for you! Enjoy the moment.
Dana
Congratulations!! Enjoy the most magical feeling in the world!
Lorie
home with Xavier since August
YIPPEE!!!! Such a fantastic feeling, enjoy the referral high and looking at every pixel of those pictures. :)
Oh yahooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
I was so happy to see the title of your post on my blog list!!!
A sweet little boy!!!!!!!
You have waited so long for this - enjoy every moment of the referral high!
Come on court date!!!!
Rana
So thrilled for you 2...beyond words!
Ashleigh
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!I am SOOOOOO EXCITED for you guys! You both must be having the GREATEST time!! Oh enjoy every minute of it!! And I can't wait to see his precious little face!
Yahoooooo!!!!!! Congratulations on the news of your little boy! The referral high is an amazing feeling so enjoy every moment of it!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you guys. I had figured that you might be close and it was so exciting to hear your news. Here's to a speedy court date!!!
Such absolutely, wonderful news... a big, huge congratulations. A
This is so great, I'm really happy for you! :) congrats again!
YAHOO!!! A little boy to share your love with...what could be better than that?!?!
So happy for you! Thank you for sharing your referral story.
A BIG congratulations!
SO wonderful! We're so happy for you! :)
Gwen in BC
Congratulations! Great news! Enjoy every moment!!
Lisa
This is such incredibly fantastically wonderful news!!!! I hope that when I'm visiting my parents in London in the future I'll be able to meet him. My Sofia just turned 3!
Post a Comment