
I love this movie! It is a story about standing up against oppression. It is about a child who is forced into marriage and when her husband dies she has to go and live in a widow colony. The movie is set in 1938 in India and has the backdrop of the rise of Mahatma Gandhi.
It is in Hindi with English subtitles. Watch it if you get the chance, great story!
It also gets you thinking about religious and cultural traditions and gets you to ask yourself the question -when should we follow or challenge them? How critical of them should we be?
WATER lisa ray john abrahams hindi clip
Uploaded by anisaa




3 comments:
I've heard it's good. It's going on my list of "must see movies."
Happy Holidays
Oh I love this movie too!!! I own it actually, it is so amazing. I am a huge fan of Deepa Mehta, she is so talented.
It is a REALLY great movie :-)
Nicky
Post a Comment