Not to be a Debbie Downer, but did anyone else hear about this in the news?
The Walmart employee who was trampled to death by a crowd of shoppers entering the store for "Black Friday" deals in New York last week. They said the crowd ripped the doors to the store off the hinges. Reports said that even as cops were trying to help the man they were being pushed around by the crowd of people wanting to get past them so they could shop.
When I heard about this I couldn't believe it. I imagine that no one intended to hurt anyone when they went shopping that morning, but come on people have some self control..... does a DVD player going on sale really have to cost someone their life? I would like to believe it isn't true, but sometimes I can't help but think our world really is going mad.
There’s something about Spring…
1 month ago




6 comments:
I heard about that and was disgusted with the world! I mean what could be that important? I made me sad to think something like that actually happened.
Carolyn
Oh no, I didn't hear this story - how awful! Someone lost their life in the name of shopping! Disgusting!
My heart goes out to that man's family.
I did hear about this story and thought it was even worse that the people kept shopping after the incident. Sick. and very very sad
I also heard that in California, one person shot another shopper over a TV. Seriously, get your priorities straight people! (not you... them)
It's a sad, sad reflection on modern "civilization." That incident plus the Mumbai attacks made for a horrible week. Sometimes I wonder how much longer before we ultimately destroy ourselves. Grim but true.
yuck...especially at a time when America has proven that the average person is spending more than they make, you would think that people would start to become less materialistic but it seems to be getting worse.
Post a Comment