Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Feeling low

Sorry, not much to say that is positive today. I am having my own little pitty party because now they are saying 8+ months for a referral (and I heard someone even say 9+). It seems before a month even passes a month is added.

14 comments:

Cara said...

Hi Shannon - Sorry to hear that you're feeling low. I had my first big melt down last week (the "oh-my-god-what-am-I-doing" feeling). It lasted a couple of days. So you're not alone. Hang in there! Cara

The Carmodys said...

Hang in there Shannon. It's definitely a rollercoaster we're on and thankfully you'll be feeling more positive in a few days. Sorry you're feeling down. I'm sure you're not the only one! Sending a hug your way.

k

Jody said...

You are half way there!! you can do it!! I hope this next month flies by, and then there will only be 3 left!!

Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts you way.

p.s. my favourite place to cry and hold my pitty parties, in the shower!!

hazel said...

That sux! Pity party away - better days are ahead.

Stephanie said...

I think we would all be better at waiting if the "finish line" didn't keep moving!!!

Hang in there!

Steph :-)

The Turgeon Expansion said...

It always seems like that doesn't it, you just get closer and then they pull it all back again.

You're getting there, you are.

The Mannings said...

hey - i hear ya. The worst for me is those 'optimistic/naive' friends who are sure it will just happen any time now. i have just resigned myself to a 2010 pick up time. ugh.
It is encouraging to see our names inch up my little spreadsheet - and hey - you are way ahead of us!!! It WILL happen!!! thats the good news.

Janice said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling blue. You are entitled to the pity party. The increase in timelines doesn't sit well with me for a couple of days and then I seem to adjust to it and set my thoughts to a different month further down the road. Good thing are coming our way in 2009.

emily said...

That's so brutal. I'm really sorry to hear this. By the way, I never put you on your blog together with the person who sent me the amazing adoption calendars!!! So thank you so much.

Hang in there!

Dancin' Momma said...

We are one of the ones who was just told 9 months, we are at 7.5 months right now waiting on a baby boy. It is very hard to be positive, but in the end we make the choice how to react to the situation. I have had some very rough moments lately, but I am seeing the light. And soon hopefully will be seeing my son :)

Stephanie said...

I had a meltdown myself this week so I completely understand! I have had to accept that with my particular ageny I won't have my baby until 2010- I totally freaked. Breathe, vent, we all understand and support you.

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

Shannon.... the wait is hard... don't feel bad for feeling this way... and especially during the holidays, it is sooo hard... I will never forget the two Christmas we spent waiting for our refferal of the girls..I didn't even want to get out of bed .... but keep in mind that it does end.... and it is sooo worth every minute.... I know its hard to believe that when you are waiting..

Sending lots of positive vibes your way to get you through the next few weeks !

Lisa

Ranavan said...

Shannon - we are here rooting for you...hopefully you won't have to wait as long as they tell you.

This is so hard isn't it! The hardest thing I have ever done.

Rana

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.