Thursday, May 8, 2008

May 10th - Pangea Day



I had heard about this day before but didn't really know what it was all about. Today I came accross some more info and it sounds worth checking out.
The idea behind it was this: the feeling that we are fundamentally different than people in other countries or parts of the world can lead to conflicts, lack of harmony etc. The person who put this day together decided to use film as a medium to try to bring people together and learn about our similarities. To try think more about ourselves as a “we” instead of an “us” and “them”.

2,500 short films were submitted by people all over the world and 24 were selected for the day. These films are intended to inspire and to allow us to see the world through another person’s eyes.

Pangea day in Ontario will be on City TV and will run from 2pm-6pm (playing the 24 short films – with music and special hosts). It will be broadcast world wide. If you want to see what time and channel it is on in your area visit this link: http://www.pangeaday.org/television.php

Or you can watch it online at www.pangeaday.org
I am going to try to watch at least some of it. Have a nice weekend everyone!!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I have never heard of this! Thanks for posting it! I will try to watch some of it.
Have a great weekend!

Janice said...

Sounds really interesting. I'm going to try to sneak a peak on City TV this aft. Thanks for the info.