Not much new to report. The City and Colour concert last week was a lot of fun. Dallas Green wears skinny jeans which made us laugh a little. I guess I am not up to date on what is cool for men's fashion because I just don't get the skinny jean look. I am trying to picture what Matthew would look like in a pair...hehe. Matthew said some of the boys at the school where he teaches wear girls jeans to achieve the desired look, and here I thought the banana clips of my past were funny.
Julie Doiron opened the show and was great...this is a clip someone else took the same night that I found posted on you tube.
Also had a chance to stop at my fav Toronto book shop and picked up a super fun book. I love the idea of exposing kids to different cultures and the "Another Story Bookshop" rocks for this kind of stuff.


Bee-Bim Bop is a traditional Korean dish. I remember in University I lived near a place where they sold this dish and I had a roommate who was hooked...I used to tease her about eating too much "beep and bop", can't wait to show her this book.
Also went to see Craig Kielburger do a talk with my mother in law. He is the guy who at 12 years old founded "Free the Children". He gave a really good speech. I read his book "Me to We" a few months back and enjoyed it. If you ever get a chance to see him speak it is worth while. He is all about finding happiness in your life by helping others and being less self focused (the 'me'), and more focused on service and community (the 'we').




4 comments:
Hey Shannon, Thanks for the book ideas (and the book store suggestion).
You've given me some motivation to go an update my blog too. Kind regards
Congrats on making it to 10 months!! I look forward to your referral as you are just a few months ahead of us - its coming - i just know it.
I love the book - so great - I will have to keep my eyes open for it.
Oh to 10 months - let's celebrate how far we have come (rather then how much further we have to go).
Laura
Cheers to 10, you made it this far, you will get to the end, you will!
Post a Comment