Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Looking Back And Looking Ahead

These are some pictures of my family (top left is me, the rest are my parents and brother) - love the matching vests mom and dad (hehe)


(sorry it is the only video I could find - there is a short ad it makes you watch first)
Matty and I really like the musician Pete Yorn. Today I was listening to this song "Come back home" and couldn’t help but feel a little sad. To me the song is all about growing up and the feelings you have when you think about your childhood and what brought you to this point in your life. In some ways it is strange that I am on the brink of becoming a parent because it doesn’t seem like my own childhood memories are that far away. I feel kind of sad thinking about how quickly time has passed, and I wish I could go back and spend 100 more years just being a kid and enjoying the close company of my own parents. But that is life I guess, time passes quickly and soon Matty and I will be trying our best to create that feeling of 'home' for someone else. So I am excited about becoming a parent and couldn’t want anything more, but I am also feeling a little sad realizing that I am leaving one phase of my life for another.
"And you know you're hard enough
And you find you're strong enough
Come back home"

1 comment:

Sebrina Wilson said...

I really like your blog!! Looks great!