WE HAVE MINISTRY APPROVAL!! Yippi!Yesterday I was driving home from work when my husband called me with the good news. We had been waiting just shy of 11 weeks and I was starting to think it was never going to happen. So now our file just needs to be sent to Ottawa to be legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and authenticated at the Ethiopian Embassy. Our dossier will then be off to Ethiopia and we can start the wait for a referral (we were told it should be on its way in 2-4 weeks).
I was so excited in the car when my husband told me the good news that I started to squeel!
Are you out there somewhere little one? We are one step closer to bringing you home to join our family and we are so excited!! While we continue to wait we wonder what you are doing while you are waiting. We hope you are safe and being fed when you are hungry, and that someone is there to comfort you when you cry. Even though we don't know you yet we love you more than you can imagine!
There’s something about Spring…
1 month ago




18 comments:
Congratulations! I can't believe it took so long for gov approval (it took two weeks in MB and I thought that was too long). You are well on your way now - about 2-4 weeks is right on.
So glad we are all in this together!
Your baby is waiting...and from what I can tell your baby is VERY lucky!
Laura
Congrats!! Looks like we are pretty close in our time lines. We send our report to the ministry for approval this week.
Brenda
Great news Shannon & Matthew! One more step down! Getting those phone calls feels good doesn't it! You are absolutly right - our children are out there somewhere waiting for us...I for one can not wait to meet them - Let it be soon!
Heidi
YAYYY! I'm so excited for you.
Cogratulations!
Becka
Congrats!!! Very excited for you :)
Yeah!!!!!! Now you're on to the next step......closer and closer each day!!
Steph :-)
Awesome news!! Congratulations on being one step closer to bringing your precious one home! :)
k
Congatulations! What an exciting time for you two. Great to be one step closer, I'm sure!
Congratulations!!! This was such a big step for us...like you, we waited 10 1/2 weeks for the approval and when it finally came ...well I danced up a storm!! Cognrats!
Congratulations - another big step closer!!
WhooHooo! What a relief it must be to have that all completed!
Ricki
Whew, check! That's insane that it took that long..ours just came when we signed our homestudy off..didn't have to wait at all. It's so weird how different provinces operate! Doing a happy dance for you..it's a great step forward!
Rhonda
Great news! Isn't it such a relief to get that approval wait over with. It suck that it takes so long in Ontario. I know what that was like.
yeah !!!
SOOO Excited for you guys !! Every step is soo exciting when you are on your adoption journey !!!!
Really enjoyed the stories and pics of the boys that were staying wtih you as well !
love your blog even though I don't find time to comment very often !
Lisa
One step closer to your little one! YEAH!! I remember this feeling like it was yesterday, and I hope your dossier gets to Ethiopia soon!
Thank you everyone for being so supportive!
It is always such a great feeling when you can cross another hurdle off the list. Congrats to being one step closer.
Shannon
Yeah! 11 weeks is a very long time but it won't be long now before you are tracking your dossier as it makes its way over to Ethiopia! Congratulations!
Post a Comment